Saturday, December 08, 2007

Brakes

Another quarter at Fuller Seminary has passed. I wrote my last sentence, on my last paper, on Wednesday at 2 PM and smiled as I saved my last document on my hard drive. I have been reflecting upon where I was last year at this time, and I think that this Christmas break will be quite different. I could not wait to dig into winter classes and thus began working on a distance learning class to pass the time. This year, however, the last thing on my mind will be school. (Instead I plan on venturing into the mystery of building a bookshelf! With my lack of experience, it may just take me the whole of 30 days to complete!) As I move into my last year at Fuller, "senioritis" is officially kicking in. While I appreciate the opportunity to study at Fuller, and the process of learning in graduate school, I am getting antsy to pour back into a community of people on a full time vocational basis. After writing approximately 200 pages of Word documents this quarter, I anticipate leaving the computer to once again be with people. My computer and I have become awkwardly acquainted over the past year. We spend more time together than, well, I suppose I spend with anybody else. Strangely enough, my computer is always responsive to me and always warms up as I spend time with him/her. However, my relationship with my computer is awkwardly one way, and this is why I am ready to leave the plastic feel of the keyboard for the flesh and blood of real relationships. Let the countdown begin... 364 days until my last day in the classroom.

No comments: