Saturday, December 15, 2007

I Am Legend



Whitney and I saw I Am Legend yesterday. If you get a chance, please go and see the film. The suspenseful timing is perfect, and the often slow pace gives viewers the feel of the context of the pain in the movie. I was "in" the entire time, and when the ending came, I found myself sad that there was no more. While some of the "Christian" themes in the movie (and there were a ton), could have been a little less forced and awkward, and while I could have done without so many of the close ups on Will Smith's face (a la Tom Cruise in War of the Worlds), and while the ending was a bit cliche (I'll keep it a secret), I really enjoyed the film and appreciate that director Francis Lawrence did a great job articulating some fresh and new ideas for Hollywood. With a 6.1 out of 10 on Rotten Tomatoes, I think that the effort of the film deserves at least a 7!

No comments: