Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Korean Barbeque, Beans, and 10.2 megapixels

Our friend Jonny was so kind on Monday night and took us over to Korea Town, otherwise known as K-Town, for a night full of fun. He is a second generation Korean and told us all about the cultural practices of Korean Christians as they continue to in the process of assimilation into American culture. We had a blast all evening. The evening included, korean barbeque at Manna (a new stpale for all who come to visit LA), ice gream with green tea and beans, a stop by a beautiful mall and a late night game of chess. It was a joy to hear stories all evening. Yesterday was also a unique day. I have been desiring to buy Whitney a professional SLR camera for a long time. With the progress of technology, I learned that this was now a possibility for us. So... after doing my homework I bought Whitney a brand new Nikon D-80 SLR yesterday! I couldn't contain myself as I biked right over to her office, handle bars full of goodies, (camera, wide angle lens, tripod, bag, printer) and ran into her office singing Here Comes Santa Claus. It was funny to watch her as I knew that she wanted to jump out of her skin with excitement, but had her bosses all around her as I gathered a pack of people with my obnoxious singing. We played with it all last night and we are beginning to realize the power of the piece of equipment. I can't wait to see the potential that this camera releases in her. Click on the comparison photos for you of the mountains behind our house, as I stood in the same spot, from our Kodak camera and the D80. (Which, by the way, the Kodak that we were given for our wedding has been amazing and we will continue to use it for everyday type of pics.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would've like to have seen her expression when you went to her office to give it to her! :)

calebyoungblood said...

Way to go Santa Claus! Merry Christmas to the both of you. I can hardly wait to see some of the photos Whitney does up with the SLR (which sounds like a Mercedes or something!)!

Unknown said...

Is it possible to be 100% jealous of and 100% happy for another person at one and the same moment? If so, then that's what I'm feeling right now. :) I have a Nikon D70, which I love, so I am sure that D80 is going to be magical in the hands of someone as talented as Whitney! Congrats to you both! And Nick, isn't it a total rush giving big gifts to someone you love?? Watch out--it can become an addiction...