Thursday, December 21, 2006

A Rare Occasion



It isn't a common day that I get to go spend time with family for Christmas. Yet on this special day, a rare occasion, Whitney and I will be on our way to Texas for the holiday this evening. We can't wait! Potentially on more of a rare occasion, I come across a band that I recommend to people. I keep up well with film, but when it comes to music, I am always following behind the "hip" folks (I think that this just comes with old age!!! But... I feel so cool that I may have come across a band that might change your life and that I might be able to introduce to people. (It would be hysterical if everybody already knew about this band and that I really am behind!) Anyway, the band is called Jacks Mannequin. They are out of Santa Monica and one of my students told me about this band yesterday. I downloaded Dark Blue and it is a fantastic song. Be sure to check them out!

2 comments:

Grete said...

Hey - I've heard of them, too! Tommy Lee did some of their drums for their recent album. (Did you see him briefly in that music video you posted?) The lead singer, Andrew McMahon, was diagnosed with leukemia last year. I think he's recovering now...

Dave Wils said...

These guys are sweet! Way to go Nick! Never forget this moment...never.