Thursday, January 18, 2007

Transitions

The transitions continue... Just a quick update... I have been crazy busy this week working, going to classes and spending time getting our car back up and running. I had been tutoring Biology and Chemistry at a nice place called Stepping Stones for the past three months down in San Marino. Because the buisness was only 5 miles away, Whitney and I have gone without a car since September 17th and we have been ridign our bikes... Since before Christmas, I have been praying, thinking, and having conversations with people about a position that I was offered at Glendale Presbyterion Church (GPC). The position is an internship at the church in helping the high school student ministry program. (Also fulfilling the necessary credits that I need at Fuller for an internship.) This past Saturday I decided to accept the job and move forward with more transitions. I will be joining two other Fuller interns (one music guy and one middle school person still not hired) in loving the community of people involved with GPC. I am so pumped for the oppertunity to work with these new friends! So with all that in mind, the last 5 days have been filled with finsihing up work at the tutoring place, getting set up at the new church, getting our car going again, and oh yeah, classes. It has been crazy... Reminds me of our days back in the GRap! I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel of these transitions and I am very much looking forward to helping to realize potential within people at this new job. I would totally appreciate prayers and insight for these new relationships that I will be stepping into. Have a great end of the week! PEACE!

2 comments:

Jon said...

Exciting changes! Can't wait to hear how the new position is going. It's great to do work AND internship at the same time...

Lindsay said...

if we ever doubt anything about Jesus, we just have to look at how perfect things have worked out. i'm excited for you, bro...slow down, breathe, and enjoy.