Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Another Day, Another Quarter

Well... I just finished my last final of this quarter, and this marks the moment of survival of the past couple of weeks. As soon as Justin and Dawn left LA 11 days ago the craziness began. The beginning of the craziness included a week long speaking engagement at Calvin Christian High School in Escondido. An old friend, Mark Vanderwerf, was gracious enough to invite me to come and speak for their schools Spiritual Emphasis week. While the week, and the two hour drive, was mentally and emotionally exhausting, the experience was memorable. The students and I dialogued all week regarding moving towards a missional mindset. A big subject for mid adolescents. We talked about where abudant life is found, where contentment and discontentment lie, where approach to ministry is balanced and moving past using the word Christian as an adjective. Included in the teaching was a collection of media (as seen earlier on the blog), small groups, and many conversations. I hope that the week was as impactful for the students as it was for me. The craziness continued as this week was full of papers and finals at Fuller. Greek continues to be my favorite as I have been blessed with the beauty of the text as found in the original language. While my work may have finshed a bit shoddy due to the circumstances of the Beck's visit and the speaking engagement, I wouldn't change it for the world. It has been a life altering couple of weeks. So on to a new quarter and with the new quarter comes a new series of thinking about deeper aspects about what it means to authentically follow Christ here in Los Angeles.

2 comments:

Duby said...

and I had been scratching my head trying to figure out what the sweet videos had to do specifically with good ole Johnny boy

BlueSkies said...

It is so inspiring to hear of your many opportunities to interact with young Christians. God Bless you in your scholastic endeavor, to enjoy Greek as you apparently do is special. GM