Monday, June 18, 2007

Sidewalk Art

Last night Whitney and I ventured down to Paseo Colorado to view the sidewalk art that hundreds of artists had been working on all weekend. We did not know what to expect, but loved the experience. As George Steiner says, "When it comes to music, words are lame." Also, might I add, when it comes to art, words are lame, so I will just throw a bunch of pictures on here of the art... Enjoy! (Be sure to click on the pictures to make them bigger...) (I put our favorite one on the top left... This piece won second place.)









1 comment:

BlueSkies said...

Okay! Guess I really do not understand the synbolism in 1-left. My favorites...due to use of space perspective were the 2nd rgt and the 4th lft. Aren't these artists amazing. It is very difficult to work on a flat surface looking down and achieving what they have done. Was it an appreciative crowd?
Will you email some interpretation of 1-left? Great that you take in this part "of the story" luv GM