Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Biggest Small Day

No... The title does not imply Valentine's Day... Instead today is the biggest small day of the year because it marks the day that pitchers and catchers report to spring training. I love this day. Watching video of this day brings sensory explosion. The first glance at green grass (which was more powerful when I lived in Michigan!), the sound of the crack of the catcher's glove, and the mysterious smell of pine tar, dirt, sweat, ben gay and Kodiac. I can almost feel the seams of a baseball in my hand as I ponder the senses of the first day of spring training. This year is especially exciting as many are predicting that the Tigers will go 162-0. That is, if their bullpen holds up. It the bullpen stinks then they might only be looking at 150-12.

1 comment:

Paul M. Pace said...

So, basically the Tigers are going to be the greatest team of all time? Ever! In the history of baseball!? Just curious. :)
Paul