Saturday, February 16, 2008

Inge

Poor Brandon Inge is upset... The Tigers third baseman in 2007 is upset because there is no spot for him to play in the Tigers lineup this year. Quoting him from an article posted on ESPN...

"I just want to play every single day. I love this organization and the Detroit Tigers are in my blood, but there's not a starting role for me. I will never be a cancer around this team and I don't plan to be a distraction."

Without even dissecting the words of the article, we can see that there is something not quite right about the combination of all those words... The article was filled with such jargon. You can check it out at...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2008/news/story?id=3248553

The bottom line, Inge thought that he had "arrived" with his 6 year 24 million dollar deal. He thought that he was on the "in" with the Tigers. However, when one's numbers are .236 with 14 homers and 71 RBIs in a lineup full of fantasy first rounders, there is not going to be much space for "Mike Heath-like" statistics. And oh yeah, Inge also asked the Tigers to trade him and they didn't (But the TIgers are in his blood!). Hmmmm... I wonder if it isn't so much that the Tigers didn't trade Inge, and it was more like they couldn't. I would imagine that other teams would want a little more out of 6 million a year.

2 comments:

Paul M. Pace said...

Wow, the Detroit Tigers seem, (I don't know what is the word???) Desperate. LOL. The Tigers seem very Yankee-esque, only playing the best players that money, er, statistics, er, playoff hopeful can buy.
Isn't Inge part of the greater Tiger organization, but after all, he is not A-Rod. Love the post, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Inge is the man - and definitely - MY Tiger.
theule