Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ipods aren't perfect



Today is the day that I learned that Ipods are not the most completely perfect invention in the history of mankind. After a wonderful day yesterday of getting the Walkers’ on their way back to Dallas and completing the organization of our apartment, I woke up early this morning. I went and grabbed a cup of coffee at the book store and headed over to a building on campus (The Catalyst) to finish a lecture for my distance learning class. After I finished the class I turned on my Ipod for the walk over to the library to work on the internet. I was listening to a favorite Charlie Hall song, enjoying the worship of the lyrics and the rhythms… in the spirit I suppose some would say. Well as I was walking firemen were running all around me… I didn’t even flinch! I was so oblivious!!! Ladies in the library started waving at me from the windows to get in and a fireman with a hose was running right behind me, and it hit home… I needed to get inside. I was informed that there was a gas leak from the groundwork that they were doing in front of the library. As soon as I sat down in the library a firewoman ran inside and told us all to evacuate immediately. I’ve never seen a group of 9 AM seminary students move so fast in my life! So here I sit, evacuated from the building, with the smell of gas in the air (seriously) writing this blog for you. I’ll run and grab my camara and try to get a picture. (This way you can get a peek of the campus too.) Peace to you all…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am drooling at the mere thought of sitting in front of the library at Fuller, Gas or not

JBeck said...

never amount of dullness in Pasadena....Keep jamming

Anonymous said...

Nick, I miss you. That is all.