Thursday, August 17, 2006

Will work for food...



Now that everything is settled regarding our apartment, we are officially on the hunt for jobs. We are excited because there are so many options in L.A.. We hope to stay close to Pasadena, and it looks like we will be able to do so. Hopefully, by the end of next week, Whitney and I will both have jobs, and will be contributing to our economy!
My new favorite thing to do in the evening is to watch the 5 o'clock news. However, I have only been watching toward the end of the hour long broadcast... This is where the weather section is for Pasadena. I think that I am going into the wrong profession and that I should have been a weatherman in Los Angeles. Everyday... high 85, low 66, mostly sunny. I like watching to remind myself of the beauty of the climate of this location. Can't wait for the beach in December! More importantly I met with my academic advisor this morning and got classes set for the quarter. Everything looks good for 14 credits this fall. I will be beginning greek and I will also be taking a class with Chap Clark. Good times. My brain has been calling out for some stimulation from all of the physical work that we have been doing with the move. So I picked up Dallas Willard's new book called The Great Omission. I am only on chapter 3 and am officially hooked on his thoughts regarding the tension between being a "christian" and being a disciple. I highly recommend it to you all. (Click the question mark above to see more or to purchase.) I will check back again when we get some leads on jobs, otherwise have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Nick, so great to experience some of the same with you on the West coast. Though I will be envying your beach days in december. Good luck finding a job!