Monday, October 02, 2006


DANCING ON THE ROOFTOPS

Seriously, we really did. On Friday night, the Brehm Center (which is the center of worship, theology and art at Fuller) put on quite a party. They rented a rooftop right across the street from campus at a local art museum. What a great idea! They hired a DJ that was spinning (this is a new word for me to use), they had all the dessert you could ever want, and they also provided wine. I was impressed with the elegance of the party. Everyone was dressed up, (except me in shorts and a t-shirt) and the stars were twinkling above our heads. You could also go inside to view a room full of photography. With all these things in mind, Whitney and I were reminded that this place really is a great fit for our passions and dreams!

On Saturday we ventured on the Los Angeles Metro for the first time. (The train that takes you all over town.) After a two hour ride to Rodondo Beach we were a little frustrated with the weather. It wasn't sunny... We couldn't believe it. 55 of 56 days here have been sunny and last Saturday was cloudy. So we grabbed so nasty Thai food at a local joint and went to a mall to watch a move. (The new one with John Heder... It was okay for what it was.) We then ventured 2 more hours back home and found the place that we will be hanging out on the weekends! There is a back alley over in Old Town that reminded us of Carmel. Whitney and I sat outside and had dinner in the romantic environment. It was a nice way to clsoe out a long day. One more thing regarding the Metro... It will be awesome to get downtown and to get over to Hollywood. Besides these two things, we don't plan on using it ever again...

3 comments:

BlueSkies said...

So now we know the metro isn't great! Can you catch a shuttle to the airport when you are flying home? That will be the next test. In the meanwhile how are the classes going? Will you be greeting us in Greek soon? GM

Duby said...

time for a question I've asked numerous times, but always forget the answer. Was it Matthew of Michael Heider that used to live with you and beck? I remember the first time I saw them both together i was so confused. Then I realized why I had seen him driving a different car on a couple of different occasions.

Duby said...

cool, and I wish I was living back in michigan, but unfortunately its just vacation which ends on saturday