Sunday, September 10, 2006

BEACHES

I've learned that becoming a Californian includes embracing a very important question. What beach will we call our own? I know... This question may seem very shallow, and I should probably be worrying about other questions like solving the hunger problem in the world, ot how to better extend the Kingdom of Heaven, but yesterday I soaked in my shallow question! We had been to Hermosa, Venice, Rodondo, Encinitas, and Santa Monica, and yesterday we found our spot. It is Zuma beach. The place the rhymes with cool shoes. The tourists were minimal, life guards were all around us (which was important considering the HUGE waves), the sand was clean, and we just knew, as we layed there pondering the absolutes, that this was going to be our home away from home. It is further away from Pasadena than many other beaches, but the drive keeps you away from a lot of traffic and includes a scenic route that knocked out socks off. Did I say yet that the waves were unbelievable. I will include some video footage in this BLOG so you can watch me get destroyed by 8 foot waves. I actually just tried to make a short (edited) movie out of the footage but couldn't get it to upload. So here is standard footage of the events. I encourage you to fastforward through the boring stuff. It is like 9 minutes long...

4 comments:

JBeck said...

Your video isn't working. I was looking forward to seeing you face plant in the waves.

JBeck said...

Great Video!!! Wish I could be there riding the waves with you

Anonymous said...

oh daddy, look at those nipples, yeaaa. And I gotta say that beach looks so much better than coco.

BlueSkies said...

Sweet! Is it warmer than up here? I used to body surf at Santa Cruz and those waves can really tumble you if you get caught.
How did you like the salt???
Keep this up it is really fun seeing the two of you. Have you hit the books yet? Love you GM