Monday, September 18, 2006

GOOD AND BAD

So let's start this morning with the bad... In a nutshell, I have been waiting for the past three weeks to start at California Pizza Kitchen. I was told that I was hired weeks ago and have been waiting to begin with an orientation. Well I called CPK yesterday, and was told that I was lied to and that I really didn't have a job at CPK. Well... that didn't go over so well. After some phone calls, some choice words, and a lot of hurt, I am back on the job market. Back at square one... Totally frustrating, but I am now beginning to reunderstand that there is a grandeur story going on here.

Now the good stuff... Whitney's best friend Mary is in town. It has been and will continue to be a joy to share this new place with friends. We will be heading to Hollywood today, and tomorrow to a Dodger game.

This week is also welcome week at Fuller. It will be good to learn more about the school this week, and to continue to develop relationships with people. Classes officially begin next week. I can't wait...

Be well.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Nick,
Sorry to hear about the job...it's crazy how I've experienced so many more "miscommunications" like that in this country than I ever did in MI...pretty frustrating. I'm sure you handled it with as much grace as possible...I still think you need to be doing music stuff out there, God told me :).

BlueSkies said...

Hi again, Interesting how all the plans we make have a way of being flexible. what I most enjoy is discovering what a disappointment will lead to as it unfolds!
Did you ever hear about how to make our God laugh???
Tell him YOUR plans!!!

Anonymous said...

this has nothing to do with this post, but I figured if i posted it at the relevant post you might not read it.

I just got back to MI for fall break yesterday, and my mom bought me a CASE of Oberan, it was awesome, would I be considered an alcohalic if I started drink Oberan when I wake up? Maybe use it while brushing my teeth?