Thursday, September 14, 2006


FEELING FAMOUS

I woke up this morning with a certain contentment that I had never felt before. I woke up and thought, yeah, I was on national TV last night! Whitney and I had so much fun on the Jimmy Kimmel Show. While we waited in line to go in, one of the workers for the show took notice of Whitney's cute dress, and ended up saving a seat for us on the front row! (No kidding!) We couldn't believe it. We laughed a lot, pretended to laugh a lot (doing our duty), clapped a lot, and pretended to clap a lot. We sat 10 feet from Jimmy and Diane Lane, got front row to the Chingy concert after the show, and had enough of Chingy after one song and went home! It was totally fun. I think that next time we will be going to Jay Leno in Burbank to check that out. But I think that I am more of Jimmy guy, so I anticipate liking his show better.

I received some amazing birthday gifts over the past couple of days. My sister sent a little package with a surprise inside. The package was filled with birthday cards from all of her students in the D.R.. The pictures were the best part. Most of the time Whitney and I had no idea what we were viewing, but we had a great time going through each card and guessing. Justin also sent a surprise package. Low and behold, a piece of heaven had arrived, (or maybe just a piece of Michigan). The box was filled with 11 Oberon's... Justin drank one while he was packing it up. (Oberon is the finest microbrew in the world, brewed out of Kalamazoo, MI.) I gave two away to some new friends, but plan on savoring the other 9 with Whitney over the next weeks.

Whitney's best friend Mary comes into town today... We can't wait to show her around. She will be on buisness till Sunday, then will be coming to the Pas to check out LA until Wednesday. She will be moving here after her visit... We only could hope!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Bro, I'm glad you liked the cards...they had fun doing it and talking about you! The pictures were a combination of the things you love: playing the guitar, reading books, more recently - surfing, and any other random things that 5 and 6 year olds draw :).

Anonymous said...

oh, so jealous of the Oberon. I've been trying to talk the owner of a local liquor store to ship some down, no luck so far. I might be bringing some back to orlando with me on my next trip home.