Sunday, September 03, 2006

For some reason I haven't been given the option to post a title on journal entries. However, if I was to post a title on this one I would certianly call it Catching Up.



Whitney and I went down to San Diego yesterday and had such a nice day. We sat outside, on the back porch of our friends (Ryan, Pete and Jeff) house in Encinitas. For hours we shared stories, caught up on life, remembered, and laughed. By evening time my stomach hurt because we had laughed so hard all afternoon. I learned a little of the surf lingo and look forward to going back to Encinitas to surf. We took a walk down to the beach and had a marvelous dinner at a local bistro. It was so nice that it was hard to leave late in the evening to make it back for church the following day. It is always nice to rejoin with friends and to remember isn't it?



Whitney and I also did our first wine tasting at Belle Maria, on the way down to San Diego. When it comes to wine we do not possess much knowledge, but we do enjoy the social aspects of the drink. This to say, we felt a little out of place as we were trying to figure out the lingo of a California vineyard. Our waitress was very nice and patient as Whitney and I asked many questions. A couple of the wines were great and I tried my first port. (This will probably also be my last port! I'd rather drink a wine cooler.) We purchased a bottle and will open it up for my birthday here in a couple of days.

3 comments:

BlueSkies said...

You two are really discovering the joy of California. From beach to reuniting with friend, wine tasing and the diamond. What fine things this glorious land offers. God bless your discovery,and know that you are in our prayers. luv Gramma

Lindsay said...

Wow, it's so fun seeing pictures of those guys...it's been years! That's sweet you got to see them, I love seeing ya'll look so happy in those pics :).

Anonymous said...

Nick,
Just discovered your blog. Hope things are going well for you out there, sounds like they are. Give my congrats to Whitney on the job at Fuller.

Continuing to remember you guys in prayer and wishing you God's blessings in Cali , Cory N.

I'm online a lot these days, keep in touch. http://www.xanga.com/cneder34 http://www.myspace.com/cneder34
http://aftershockyouth.blog.com