Wednesday, September 27, 2006


YELLOW LIKE THE SON

(A mysteriously relevant picture for today from the art archive of my extremely talented wife.)


The past week has been a bit of a whirlwind and much has taken place. Might I add that much good has taken place. I am no longer unemployed. After all of the blizurity (this is my new word of bizzare absurdity) that occured with California Pizza Kitchen, it was nice to deal with a more professional people at a company called Stepping Stones. I was hired to work at a tutor for them, tutoring high school Biology, Chemistry and Math. The job will probably be intellectaully draining, but it pays well, I can pick my own hours, and I get to stay in touch with youth culture.

Classes began as well. I have dug into Greek over the past two days and look forward to the depth of understanding of Scripture that it will bring. I have yet to dig into my other two classes, Gospels and Family Culture, but also look forward to them. I have also been working on trying to finish my distance learning class that is due in December so that I can get that out of the way.

We continue to meet different people. I had a snack today with an older man at a social justice fair. We had seen eachother around campus and I finally got to have more of an extended conversation with him. I had a feeling that he had an unusual story to him and my feeling was correct. While he never admitted, it was clear that this man had been EXTREMELY successful in his previous profession. He is about 50 years old and shared that he had retired earlier in life. He was diagnosed with colon cancer soon after his retirement and was given a 50/50 "chance" at survival. After a rather extraordinary surgery and recovery he was lead to come to Fuller. There is much more depth to the story but I think that you get the idea. Oh the perspective on like that this man must have... I can only imagine. I bet that his blues are a little brighter than my own and that his yellows seem much more like the sun...

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Bro,
Good to hear you're not part of the unemployed percentage in the United States. Mom and Dad are coming tomorrow...wish you guys could be here too!