Saturday, September 09, 2006




OUR NEW NEIGHBOR

As Whitney and I were coming back from a barbeque on Thursday night, we got to the top of the stairs and met our new neighbor. Whitney immediately screamed and ran behind me. I had no idea what was going on. Eventually my eyes looked down and saw a big ol rat! (As shown in the picture. The other is a picture of Whitney up on a chair scared that a rat was also in our apartment.) The rat had no where to go, so I started walking with him along the patios. After 20 feet of walking with my new friend he ran into a hole at the bottom of the wall opposite of the building. I then took my portable chair and thre it in front of the hole, catching the hairy mammel. After pondering golf clubs, body boards, blow torches and rocks as methods for murder, the rat tried to climb the outside wall and plummeted to his demise! We actually don't know if he survived or not as he fell into a bush. We'll keep you updated on his status if we see him around campus.

Have I said that I love technology? I think that it is becoming my golden calf! As I am writing this BLOG, I am listening to the Michigan football game. They just went up 21-0. Go blue. I also watch the TIgers everyday via a live feed on the computer. I am just amazed by this. I also love getting to share some of our life on this Blog. Thanks for caring enough to see what's going on in our lives. We appreciate it.

2 comments:

BlueSkies said...

It must be a bit unnerving never knowing if the "varmit" will return. A rat is not a cute little furry thing! I can relate to Whitney's reaction. One ran across my bare foot one time years ago and I nearly collapsed.
Keep on posting! This is a great way to keep in touch. Luv GM

JBeck said...

Does Whitney know that rats bite???